"Couldn't get a free page" kernel errors

1. getting "Couldn't get a free page" during install

Hi.

I'm getting a "couldn't get a free page" message when installing.
This message shows on the Alt-F4 screen.
I'm installing RedHat 4.2 from a store-bought RedHat
software package (not bundled with a "regular" book,
just 250 page guide).

The system is a 486-25 with 8MB of RAM and a
730MB Quantum SCSI-2 HDD.  The CDROM drive
is a Mountain CD7 changer (I'm only using disc
tray 1, and it accesses the drive just fine for the
install up to the point where I get the above message).
I switch to Alt-F4 to see this message after the Alt-F1
screen remains stationary for a long period of time.

The SCSI controller is an old clone (Tekram) that has
caching enabled (for some reason, I used to be able
to get into the Tekram configuration on boot-up
by pressing F2 or F6 to enable/disable disk caching
and setup other SCSI parameters, but can't now, so
I'm stuck with caching enabled on the hard disk
device).

I get the error while installing packages during the
initial install.  At first, I selected "Everything" and had
a 95MB swap partition.  Then I tried selecting just
Emacs and NFS and using about a 140MB swap
partition.  Results were the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and
thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Cameron

2. Fetchmail and daemonmode

3. which ghostscript files do i need?

4. Kernel 1.1.64 - "Couldn't get a free page"

5. Farenheit 1280 Plus VLB

6. Request about Error msg: "Couldn't get a free page"

7. Java servlet

8. "Couldn't get free page" errors.

9. Please Help: "Couldn't Get a Free Page" Problem!!!

10. Problem with the message "Couldn't get a free page ....."

11. Returning from ioctl: "Couldn't get a free page" ?????

12. "Couldn't get a free page....."???