Susu5.3: PPP dial-in from Win95

Post by Ulgrie » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I want a PPP connection form a windows95 computer to my Linux (Suse 5.3)
computer. Can anybody tell me what I have to do?

1. PPP: Win95 PPP Dial-in Kills my Sun

I have set up PPP for Solaris 2.4 (without any major patches
to Solaris). I have tried out the dial-in link with a Macintosh
and everything works fine, i.e. I can access the Internet with
no problem. When I dial in with a Win95 system my Sun either
dies or totally freezes up. I can't log any of this in asppp.log
because the system dies almost immediately after a link by the
Win95 system is attempted.

I'm lost on this one. Any ideas? Would Sun's jumbo patch
perhaps be the fix?

...John Criswick

2. Process data

3. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100

4. Setting Time from a non-root program

5. Win95 dial-in PPP to Linux/mgetty

6. 3Com 3c509 Combo

7. concurrent ppp dial-ins

8. using remap_page_range with pci_alloc_consistent

9. NEWBIE Q: Win95 dial-in to Netcom user; need help to use linux ppp to connect?

10. Linux as dial-up ppp server for Win95 dial-up problem

11. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??

12. ppp dial-in to Linux from Win95??

13. Can a solaris w/s be configured for PPP dial-out AND PPP dial-in?