Linux : No access to websites.

Linux : No access to websites.

Post by Mise en place du service Groupe » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 05:21:23



Sirs,

Is that an atypical problem ?

We have a server Unix/PHP/Fedora.Linux hosted with 10 websites.

Since the last 5 days, we have interuptions (between 15 and 45 minutes)
while we cannot access some of our websites (no ping, trace route, ftp)
but the server IP adress can still be reached.

As an example, at 8h30 GMT :
site 1 : access_ok
site 2 : access_not_ok
site 3 : access_ok
site 4 : access_not_ok
site 5 : access_not_ok
server_IP : ok

at 9h30 GMT
site 1 : access_not_ok
site 2 : access_not_ok
site 3 : access_not_ok
site 4 : access_not_ok
site 5 : access_ok
server_IP : ok

This is very problematic for our few clients.

Do you have any idea from your expert experience that could help ?

Many Thanks

Aude

 
 
 

Linux : No access to websites.

Post by Llanzlan Klazmon the 15t » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 08:14:46




Quote:> Sirs,

> Is that an atypical problem ?

> We have a server Unix/PHP/Fedora.Linux hosted with 10 websites.

> Since the last 5 days, we have interuptions (between 15 and 45 minutes)
> while we cannot access some of our websites (no ping, trace route, ftp)
> but the server IP adress can still be reached.

How are you "reaching" the IP address when ping etc aren't working?

Klazmon.

Quote:

> As an example, at 8h30 GMT :
> site 1 : access_ok
> site 2 : access_not_ok
> site 3 : access_ok
> site 4 : access_not_ok
> site 5 : access_not_ok
> server_IP : ok

> at 9h30 GMT
> site 1 : access_not_ok
> site 2 : access_not_ok
> site 3 : access_not_ok
> site 4 : access_not_ok
> site 5 : access_ok
> server_IP : ok

> This is very problematic for our few clients.

> Do you have any idea from your expert experience that could help ?

> Many Thanks

> Aude


 
 
 

Linux : No access to websites.

Post by Mise en place du service Groupe » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:05:15


Dear Klazmon,

Rounded error on website : websites unaccessable on a round-based
within the same IP dedicated server.

As an example, at 8h30 GMT :
site 1 : access_ok
site 2 : access_not_ok
site 3 : access_ok
site 4 : access_not_ok
site 5 : access_not_ok
server_IP : ok

at 9h30 GMT
site 1 : access_not_ok
site 2 : access_not_ok
site 3 : access_not_ok
site 4 : access_not_ok
site 5 : access_ok
server_IP : ok

access_not_ok is :
. command. tracert www.website.com has an answer Unknownaddress.
Meaning that does not trace the route at all. The ping has the same
consequence : impossible to ping from 2 ISP and 2 computers.
. ftp server not found
. http in MSIE ou Fx is page cannot be viewed.

access_ok is :
. we can ping
. we can view the whole route
. we can ftp and view the site in http

Thank you for your advice.

Aude

*********

 
 
 

Linux : No access to websites.

Post by Pascal Hambour » Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:44:01


Hello,

Mise en place du service Groupes a crit :

Quote:

> access_not_ok is :
> . command. tracert www.website.com has an answer Unknownaddress.
> Meaning that does not trace the route at all. The ping has the same
> consequence : impossible to ping from 2 ISP and 2 computers.
> . ftp server not found
> . http in MSIE ou Fx is page cannot be viewed.

This looks like a DNS lookup issue.
Check with your domain name service provider.
 
 
 

Linux : No access to websites.

Post by James McIninc » Thu, 07 Dec 2006 06:13:35


<posted & mailed>

What you are describing hasn't anything to do with Linux. This is a
DNS-related issue. Contact your domain-name registrar or ISP to resolve the
issue.

In the future, a good check would be to be to ping the site's IP address as
well as the DNS name. If that works but the DNS name does not, you've very
quickly determined the problem is DNS-related and not related to the site
itself.


Quote:> Dear Klazmon,

> Rounded error on website : websites unaccessable on a round-based
> within the same IP dedicated server.

> As an example, at 8h30 GMT :
> site 1 : access_ok
> site 2 : access_not_ok
> site 3 : access_ok
> site 4 : access_not_ok
> site 5 : access_not_ok
> server_IP : ok

> at 9h30 GMT
> site 1 : access_not_ok
> site 2 : access_not_ok
> site 3 : access_not_ok
> site 4 : access_not_ok
> site 5 : access_ok
> server_IP : ok

> access_not_ok is :
> . command. tracert www.website.com has an answer Unknownaddress.
> Meaning that does not trace the route at all. The ping has the same
> consequence : impossible to ping from 2 ISP and 2 computers.
> . ftp server not found
> . http in MSIE ou Fx is page cannot be viewed.

> access_ok is :
> . we can ping
> . we can view the whole route
> . we can ftp and view the site in http

> Thank you for your advice.

> Aude

> *********

 
 
 

1. No website access for Linux browsers?

Hi all!

On my computer I have both Linux (SuSE 7.3) and Windows 98. I connect to
the internet with DSL using smpppd for Linux and EnterNet for Windows.
I never had any major problems in browsing the Web with Linux. But since
the beginning of this year I have a strange problem with the website of
my bank (www.advance-bank.de). I cannot connect to it with ANY browser
in Linux, neither Lynx nor Netscape 4.7, Mozilla, Opera and StarOffice.
After the message "HTTP request sent, waiting for response..." nothing
happens.

Using windows, Netscape and Internet Explorer can access the site
without any problems.

What could be the technical reason for this? Is there any difference
between an HTTP request sent by a Linux browser and a request sent by a
Windows browser? I also tried different browser identifications with
Opera, but that did not help either.

Any ideas? (Needless to say, the friendly guy at the bank's hotline did
not have any...)

cu,
Roland

2. dynamic linking

3. Linux browsers denied access to Ziff Davis website

4. LPD daemon for distributed printers

5. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

6. KDE & Run Command

7. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

8. Using := in a procedure

9. NOS/NET/Wampes for linux

10. linux NOS

11. Does Linux IPIP tunnelling work with Cisco NOS tunnels?

12. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

13. Apache/WinNT: Oracle DB of usernames to authenticate Website access