Help Help with Mail Question

Post by <jrc.. » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:28:44

How/where do I insert a DNS alias (mail.<MY DOMAIN NAME>) to point to
webpool.postoffice.net and an MX record for <MY DOMAIN NAME> to point to
mxpool.postoffice.net?

Thanks in advance,

Junior

Help Help with Mail Question

Post by scot » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:47:06

It goes in your domain's zone file, the same place where your "mail IN A 0.0.0.0"
record would be found. Under Redhat, it would be somewhere under /var/named/.
The fact that you asked the question makes me suspect that you don't actually
have a domain registered, or at least are not providing the authoritative DNS. If
someone else is providing the public DNS for your domain, just tell them what
you need.
---scott

1. HELP-HELP-HELP: intranet mail

Hello, I'm coming with some questions... :)

I want to build intranet email. What kind of software that I need?
What is the differ qmail and sendmail?

Now I have a linux redhat 2.0.32 with samba, ip_masq, apache installed
already. How I start to install intranet mail? Please guide me step by
step.

This is my opinion, please correct if i'm wrong. The software that I
will install will provide pop3. And every client in LAN can send email

clients (win95) in the LAN could use email client like eudora or
pegasus for send and receive email. IS IT CORRECT?

Thanks for your response, bye

2. Need /usr/sbin/monitor program for AIX4.3.x

3. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

4. Class A Subnet

5. help help help help help help

6. Made a clone of Linux server and that clone is very ill....

7. SAR/SAG Question why cant I get SAG to work HELP HELP HELP

8. Trying to make full use of a 14.4 k modem

9. Xaw scrollbars within dialog box widgets HELP:HELP:HELP:HELP:HELP:

10. Help passing Procmail mail....$$ for help

11. Thanks for the Help [was Help Been Mail Bombed!]

12. mail help: how to reject mail?

13. Mail configuration !!! Mail guns help...