Terminal server (in reverse?)

Post by Kevin Erickso » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I'd like to set up a linux server that will accept telnet connections
and allow users to establish serial connections with some of our
non-networked hosts, ie. phone switch, voice-mail system, etc.

I can set up a little menu system, and fire up kermit as an comm package
to connect to the serial devices, no problem.  But what I'd really
like is a way to transparently connect someone telnetting to a certain
port to a serial connection.

Any ideas?  TIA.

Kevin

Terminal server (in reverse?)

Post by Bob Hau » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I can set up a little menu system, and fire up kermit as an comm package
>to connect to the serial devices, no problem.  But what I'd really
>like is a way to transparently connect someone telnetting to a certain
>port to a serial connection.

I could also use something like this.  If anyone responds by e-mail, could
you send me a copy?

Thanks.

---

 Wasatch Communications Group               http://www.wasatch.com