Unresolved Symbol error configuring PCTel modem

Unresolved Symbol error configuring PCTel modem

Post by Felipe Machado Cardo » Wed, 09 May 2001 06:05:50

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my PCTel modem on Mandrake 7.2
and I'm having
too much trouble with that. It worked
before on a Conectiva Linux 5.0 (2.2.14 kernel I
guess). I've followed
the instruction on the Linmodem Howto and
the README file included with the PCTel driver, but
when I try to issue
the comand 'insmod pctel', the folowing
errors appears:

unresolved symbol: __udelay
unresolved symbol: kmalloc
unresolved symbol: kfree
unresolved symbol: printk

The source code of linux is installed and on the path
of the ptmodule.c
file. Anyone what to do now?

Thanks,

Felipe

Yahoo! GeoCities
Tenha seu lugar na Web. Construa hoje mesmo sua home page no Yahoo! GeoCites. fcil e grtis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/

--
Posted from web9607.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.129.186]

Unresolved Symbol error configuring PCTel modem

Post by Dean Thompso » Thu, 10 May 2001 11:30:25

Hi!,

Quote:> I'm trying to configure my PCTel modem on Mandrake 7.2
> and I'm having
> too much trouble with that. It worked
> before on a Conectiva Linux 5.0 (2.2.14 kernel I
> guess). I've followed
> the instruction on the Linmodem Howto and
> the README file included with the PCTel driver, but
> when I try to issue
> the comand 'insmod pctel', the folowing
> errors appears:

> unresolved symbol: __udelay
> unresolved symbol: kmalloc
> unresolved symbol: kfree
> unresolved symbol: printk

> The source code of linux is installed and on the path
> of the ptmodule.c file. Anyone what to do now?

Looks like the problem might be looking for some element of the "kgcc"
compiler.  Check to make sure that you have loaded all of the libraries for
the "kgcc" compiler and that all the source header files are in the correct
position.

See ya

Dean Thompson

Unresolved Symbol error configuring PCTel modem

Post by cicran » Sat, 12 May 2001 08:14:22

Hi Dean,

I have checked some things, and I think that the error
should be on the PCTel driver AND some bug on the
2.2.17 kernel too. That are the tried combinations and
the result:

Kernel   Driver   Result
2.2.14    old       ok
2.2.14    new      fail
2.2.17    old      fail
2.2.17    new      fail

The shows that main symbol are missing. If they really
was missing on the libraries, nothing on Linux was
working.
There are another thing: the error only occour when I
change the value of HAL on Makefiles to HAL_VIA686A
(that are my motherboard). Problably the error are a
missing 'include <linux/kernel.h>' on the file
via686ahal.a, but I don't access to the source code.

[]'s Felipe

> Hi!,

> > I'm trying to configure my PCTel modem on Mandrake 7.2
> > and I'm having
> > too much trouble with that. It worked
> > before on a Conectiva Linux 5.0 (2.2.14 kernel I
> > guess). I've followed

(...)
--
Felipe Machado Cardoso
Lotus Notes & Linux consult

1. Unresolved Symbol error configuring PCTel modem

[...]

2. LASP... call it CLASP!

3. unresolved symbol error using pctel module

4. RedHat 7.1 and IPMASQ

5. Problem configuring a PCTel modem

6. Fixed sync video

7. Who has succesfully configured a pctel hsp modem ?

8. shortcut keys

9. PCI modem problem: unresolved symbols during insmod esscom.o

10. i2c-elektor (2.5.43) non-fatal error: unresolved symbol cli, sti

11. Unresolved symbol error in __wake_up_sync

12. Help- IP_MASQ kernel "Unresolved symbols" errors.

13. Unresolved symbol compile error on non-PCI PC systems