Can someone tell me or point me to some info that shows how to setup
Apache on linux to have multiple domain names served from a single
static IP? For example, I want www.foobar.com and www.foobar2.com
hosted on the same machine. Thanks!
The LinuX Files -- The Source Is Out There
Linux, DOS, Windows NT -- the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson
((-8 ================================================================= 8-))
((-8 LinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinuxLinux 8-))
Step 2: Edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf. If you look at the very
bottom of this file, you will find how to enter the information for
each domain so that all calls to those domains are answered by the
Please at least ATTEMPT to read this stuff on your own before you post
such an obvious question to the group. This one really is a
no-brainer if you would have just tried to answer it for yourself.
1. multiple virtual email domains on a single IP - possible?
Running RedHat v7.0, and trying to share a single IP for multiple
virtual Email domains, but having difficulty with it. Setting up
Apache is a breeze, no problem at all.
So, for an example, I have 22.214.171.124 dedicated to my system, and want
domain1.com and domain2.com hosted on that IP address.
So I create user "john" on domain1.com and domain2.com, and send a
simple test message to each account.
If I set my Email program to conenct to domain2.com, I download the
message from domain1.com.
So I change the passwords, and send another test message. Now I get an
error saying my password is wrong - even though I'm telling it to
connect to domain2.com, it's still connecting to domain1.com, I
*think* because of the shared IP address.
I need a workaround. Any suggestions are welcomed.
3. Nonstandard /proc? (Re: /proc directory, dosemu, and boot questions)
4. MULTIPLE DOMAIN NAMES single IP ??
6. How to configure multiple domains on a single IP
8. Mail server for multiple domain using a single IP address
9. Seperating Multiple Domains pointed to a single IP?
10. Single IP Address - Multiple hosts each with different domain name.
11. Multiple domains on single ppp Connection
12. Multiple Domains on Single Machine?