Help setting up Samba Server with HP Laserjet 1000 USB Printer

Help setting up Samba Server with HP Laserjet 1000 USB Printer

Post by Alvin Evangelis » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:40:54

To any Samba expert:

I would like to know if I could set up Samba with the my HP Laserjet
1000 USB printer.  Linux can see the device but cannot recognize it.
There is no driver support for HP Laserjet 1000 USB printer on Linux,
but I was wonder if I could have the raw USB output from the Windows
XP station direct itself to the Samba print server anyways?  Is this
possible?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Alvin Evangelista

1. HELP -- HP LaserJet 1000 - USB

Hi all,

Need some help on getting this USB Printer to work on RH-8.0, any help would
be great.

It is detected in the printer config under the device /dev/usb/lp0, but
there are no filter for this in RH-8.0.  What will be my best
alternative.... apart than selling this printer as a solution.

--
Kevin Yeoh

2. Wanted: a limit on kernel log buffer size

3. Problem configuring HP LaserJet 1000 (USB version) on RedHat 7.2

4. FreeBSD & ISDN & dynamic ip's

5. HP Color Laserjet 5M Printer Config/Samba/HP-UX/Linux

6. Proxy server setup? Any help??

7. Setting up a Linux network printer server with HP Laserjet 4 Plus

8. Slackware, RedHat, Debian: Which one to use?

9. hp laserjet 1000 series

10. HP UPS 1000

11. HP laserjet 1000 - Blank pages

12. Setting up HP LaserJet 4p printer