Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

Post by System User. » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a NetWare 411 server that I want to connect to under Caldera Open
Linux 2.2 using the NetWare client for Linux, but I can't find the server. I
have upgraded to the newest version and still nothing, and I have all of the
NetWare protocols installed.

Could someone help with this.

Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

Post by Gustin Kiffne » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

[posted and mailed]
Do you have your network card working?  TCP/IP is working? If so, post
the output of
ifconfig, 'cat /proc/net/ipx', 'cat /proc/net/ipx_interface', 'cat
/proc/net/ipx_route', and finally 'slist'.
If you only have the 'lo' interface when you run ifconfig, then you
don't have networking started and you need to get that going first.
'man ifconfig' will help.

Quote:> I have a NetWare 411 server that I want to connect to under Caldera
Open
> Linux 2.2 using the NetWare client for Linux, but I can't find the
server. I
> have upgraded to the newest version and still nothing, and I have all
of the
> NetWare protocols installed.

> Could someone help with this.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

Post by s.jeanne.. » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I tried this distribution too but don't found the Netware Client.
Do you get it from CD-distribution or from Caldera's site ?
Thank you

Sylvain

"System User.." a crit :

Quote:> I have a NetWare 411 server that I want to connect to under Caldera Open
> Linux 2.2 using the NetWare client for Linux, but I can't find the server. I
> have upgraded to the newest version and still nothing, and I have all of the
> NetWare protocols installed.

> Could someone help with this.

Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

Post by System User. » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I had to get the new version form Caldera's site, because I upgraded to
kernel 2.2.10, so I download the client for OpenLinux 2.3..
The client loads fine, but I cant find my server..

>I tried this distribution too but don't found the Netware Client.
>Do you get it from CD-distribution or from Caldera's site ?
>Thank you

>Sylvain

>"System User.." a crit :

>> I have a NetWare 411 server that I want to connect to under Caldera Open
>> Linux 2.2 using the NetWare client for Linux, but I can't find the
server. I
>> have upgraded to the newest version and still nothing, and I have all of
the
>> NetWare protocols installed.

>> Could someone help with this.

Problems connecting with Netware Client for Linux to Netware 4.11 server..

Post by QuestionExchang » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have several Linux boxes hooked up to a Netware 4.11 server
and have
no problem logging on to and mounting volumes from the Netware
server. I am using RH6.x Linux boxes and the IPX utils. I have
not tried the Caldera Netware client yet. Have you read the
IPX-HOWTO yet? http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/IPX-
HOWTO.html
-DU-

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6352&cus...

1. Linux workstation connecting to Netware 4.11

Hello everyone,

This may be a more advanced question than most are willign to help me with
but here goes.

My boss FINALLY approved a linux workstation for testing (and posible
transition)  problem is it has to meet his standards.  these are as follows:

1.  MUST connect to novell 4.11 for internet access and access to novell
user directories with proper permissions

2. MUST print to novell queues

3. Prefereably be able to run the groupwise client (for email and such)

4. MUST be able to open office documents both locally and ont he novell
volume. (doc xls and mdb specifically)

5. MUST be able to share files with the win98/2k/xp boxen in the building.

Those are the basics that i must be able to do to impress him and meet my
wishes for acceptable usage.

Hardware is as follows:

Compaq DeskPro EP
466 Intel celeron
192MB ram 4MB shared for Video
Intel 810E video
6GB hdd running win98 (hda) 6GB hdd for linux (hdc)
3c905x 10/100 Ethernet
24x CDRom

I have tried caldera but was not impressed with the way it made everything
automatic and "candy coated"   I would like to run Redhat, gentoo, or
slackware. I have tried a couple different times but to no avail, and so I
must conceed and through myself at the mercy of the community : )  So here
goes.... HELP!!!!!!!  *lol*

PreacherX

2. HP DJ880C / Netscape4.7 / Star Office 5.1

3. How can I connect netware server to netware server from private ip through linux firewall?

4. starfire patch for 2.4.1-ac15

5. Using Linux w/ Mars-NWE to update Time on a Netware 4.11 (IPX only) Server

6. Partitioning & PDisk

7. ncpfs client on Netware 4.11?

8. 2.5.67-ac1 IDE trouble

9. Can Linux read Netware 4.11 partitions?

10. Linux and Netware 4.11

11. linux and netware 4.11

12. Netware 4.11/5 and Linux?

13. Netware Client having problem mounting netware volume