Modem Speed with PPP

Post by Scott A. Kli » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Need help with my modem speed under Linux.  I have a 28.8, the modem will
connect, but it is too slow.  I have selected 34800 when setting up Linux, but
I do not think the modem is even running at that speed, any way I can tell?
Anyone know of a way that can help me speed up my modem.

Thanks,

Scott

Modem Speed with PPP

Post by Phil Lewi » Fri, 05 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Need help with my modem speed under Linux.  I have a 28.8, the modem will
> connect, but it is too slow.  I have selected 34800 when setting up Linux,

Try 'setserial /dev/cua?? spd_vhi'
this will set the speed to 115200bps

Phil

....or try reading the serial howto!!!

1. Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.

I'm using Redhat 4.1.

Is there a way to query the modem-to-modem speed of an existing PPP
connection?  I know that I can send packets and do timings to
calculate this, but I'm wondering if there is some utility that already
exists which will give me this information.

By the way, I'm not interested in the speed returned by 'setserial',
since that's the speed of the port itself, not the modem-to-modem
speed.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman

2. booklet printing on PostScript printers

3. Modem speed affects PPP chat scripts?

4. Dead SPARCstation...need help!

5. Modem speed during PPP?

6. Linux and intelligent serial boards

7. how to set default modem speed for PPP

8. Interested In Linux

9. looking for way to ask modem what speed it connected at (PPP)

10. PPP modem connect speed?

11. ppp can log modem speed renegotiation thruout session?

12. How do i tell modem connect speed for PPP?

13. Q: find out PPP modem speed