CUTE FTP

Post by browneyegir » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

can anyone tell me how to setup my cute ftp so i can download files? i'm
able to connect to a site but can't download. i keep getting a '550 error"
msg. TIA

CUTE FTP

Post by jack wall » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

i didn't think they had cuteftp for linux!  if so where?

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 22:14:18 GMT, "browneyegirl"

>can anyone tell me how to setup my cute ftp so i can download files? i'm
>able to connect to a site but can't download. i keep getting a '550 error"
>msg. TIA

1. Ip_masq_ftp kills IE4 & Netscape FTP, not CUTE-FTP, how to fix???

Hi there;

I'm hoping someone has seen this...

I have a properly working Masquerading system, connected to a Cable modem
(dialup on uplink, 10BaseT downlink).

Everything works just fine...

If I do NOT load the IP_MASQ_FTP module, then browser clients such as IE4 and
Netscape can download either via a redirect or ftp://etc.etc.etc

At the same time "dedicated" clients like Cute-FTP fail with an error
indicating that the "command did not originate from source address".

If I DO load the IP_MASQ_FTP module, then the dedicated clients work properly,
but the browsers fail. I know the browsers use PASV mode xfers...

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solving this?

All other programs work just fine.. Real Audio, WWW, Telnet, etc.

Thanks!
-JMS

2. Toshiba CD-Rom

3. Help: Cute-FTP & LINUX

4. Ganymede 0.99.1 released

5. Downloading - Red Hat - 6.0 Under windows using Cute-FTP

6. Help with PPP wanted

7. FTPd all pakages from cute ftp to linux box - Now capitals in all filenames and Pkgtool does not work...HELP A NEWBIE!

8. Suse linux printing

9. Cute Elvis trick....

10. Cute spoof on an old post :)

11. Something which is not so obvios but real cute..

12. cute libraries causing problems

13. Just something cute