Help with INN 1.4, please!

Post by David T » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

I need help. I am using slackware linux 1.1.5.9. It came on a CD with
some billion page linux book. Just two questions:

1. Is there a *very* short, step-by-step, installation guide written in
PLAIN English for the linux version of INN 1.4? i'm sick of reading
these long-assed, dry faqs that seem to make alot of assumptions about
what i can or cannot do.

2. smail. i configured it using the mkconfig program that comes with it
and so far, all my mail goes out fine. is there anything i should be
worried about?

If someone can please direct me in the right direction, I'll appreciate
it. Hell, once I get the basic networking functions working on my linux
box, i promise to make it my personal mission in life to provide
install/maintenance guides for linux networking written in *plain
english* to the linux community.

thanks. don't flame me.

david

Help with INN 1.4, please!

Post by NWOS » Sun, 28 May 1995 04:00:00

> I need help. I am using slackware linux 1.1.5.9. It came on a CD with
> some billion page linux book. Just two questions:

> 1. Is there a *very* short, step-by-step, installation guide written in
> PLAIN English for the linux version of INN 1.4? i'm sick of reading
> these long-assed, dry faqs that seem to make alot of assumptions about
> what i can or cannot do.

I believe the best option for INN-1.4 linux version is the one put
together by Arjan de Vet available at ftp.win.tue.nl:/pub/linux/ports/inn....

Print out the instructions and follow them to the letter. That works.
 I did that and my system works very well.

Rgds
Gus