1. need a live CD with sshd already loaded and a passworded acct
I have a laptop with a broken display and the display broke before
I could get the networking setup on it's Fedora core OS.
So if I just power it up and let Fedora boot, I can't get in
via the ethernet since it's not setup. And I can't read the display.
So I want to put in a
CD live distro that will boot up with the sshd already configured
to run by default and so it has a valid user password.
I want to have ssh so I can log in via ethernet, then try
to see if I can get a hint of what's wrong with the hardware
(the display just shows random pixels)
I downloaded dsl-n (damn small linux-N) and I don't see how you set it
up to save it's configuration so I can just put it in the drive,
power up the laptop and not have to type in a cheatcode (which
I can't see with the broken display).
I think I might be able to guess when the "boot:" prompt
is waiting and type in the "ssh" cheatcode:
boot: dsl ssh
this does launch the sshd in daemon mode for incoming ssh
but the problem there is I still don't have a password so
I can log in !
If someone knows of a better network-able live CD that
has ssh and a pre-setup user account so I know the password
before I try to boot, that would help a lot.
I even tried mounting the dsl-n iso file via loopback to hack the
passwd file to contain a pre cooked up password for the "dsl" user
but the problem is that they pack all the stuff into this big
"KNOPPIX" file that I don't know the format of, you don't see
a tree of dirs with /etc/passwd in it.
2. Why did my posting disappear?
3. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code830
4. Problem with rhosts and 'r' utils.
5. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code2311
6. OSS/sb_mixer.c is broken on 2.5.59
7. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code820
8. Linux's Prospects
9. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code826
10. Newbie needs advice on Red Hat "Live" CD-ROM, please
11. Making my own live CD... need comments on my approach
12. Trouble connecting to an SSHD box(RH7 newest SSHD)
13. Using CD-R tools, need help