Trouble with ethernet-card (Elite 16 -SMC)

Trouble with ethernet-card (Elite 16 -SMC)

Post by Stefan Blochwit » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

I am facing trouble integrating an ethernet-card into Linux.
The card I want to use is an SMC ELITE 16. I compiled the SMC-Ultra
and the WD80x option into my kernel, but, unfortunately, I cannot
bring this card into operation.

In the lilo.conf-file I added the line
  append = "ether=15,0x240,eth0"
that reflects the actual settings of my card (IRQ 15, I/O-Base 0x240).
Anyway, I cannot assign a device eth0 (ibconf fails). So what can I do?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Stefan Blochwitz.

1. Trouble installing an SMC Elite 16 Card

Hi everybody,

I am facing trouble by integarting a SMC Elite 16 card into my system.
I compiled my kernel (version 1.2.13) with the SMC Ultra and WD80x
Option and set in the lilo.conf-file

 append = "ether=15,0x240,eth0"

in order to reflect the actual settings of my card. Anyway, the device
eth0 does not exist as ibconf shows.

So what can I do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Stefan Blochwitz

2. hexbin - mixed success; fail on mac-made pdf file

3. ISA SMC Elite 16 ethernet card

4. sendmail, how to set up auto forward for a group of people

5. Configure 2 ethernets SMC Elite 16( WD8013) with RH 5.2

6. No DNS

7. Install ethernet 2 SMC Elite 16( WD8013) with RH 5.2

8. Multiple devices driver

9. RH8.0 and SMC Ethernet Elite 16 Ultra (network install?)

10. Looking for a network module for an SMC Elite 16 card.

11. netcard driver for a SMC ELite 16 card

12. 0.99pl10 problem with SMC Elite-16 card

13. Ethernet Card Plus Elite 16