Dialin connection drops, but job stays

Post by mjor.. » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am currenty running RedHat 3.0.3 (not V4), and kernel 2.0.21. My
problem is that when I dial in to my Linux box, then get disconnected
in the middle of doing something, the job/process does not get killed.
This being so, I am unable to redial and log back in until I get back
home and manually kill the job. Of course, this is because of mgetty's
inability to monitor the port due to the still-logged-in job.

I've looked in the FAQ's, but could not find out how I might configure
the tty, either via stty or some other setting, so that if a remote
connection is dropped before logging off, the serial tty port will
reset itself.

Any suggestions, or pointers to references, FAQ's, or howto's, are
greatly appreciated.

TIA

Mark J. Jordan Programmer/Analyst    ~~~ Give the gift of life...
Michigan Community * Centers                      GIVE *! ~~~

1. Dial-in connection drops, but job stays

I am currenty running RedHat 3.0.3 (not V4), and kernel 2.0.21. My
problem is that when I dial in to my Linux box, then get disconnected
in the middle of doing something, the job/process does not get killed.
This being so, I am unable to redial and log back in until I get back
home and manually kill the job. Of course, this is because of mgetty's
inability to monitor the port due to the still-logged-in job.

I've looked in the FAQ's, but could not find out how I might configure
the tty, either via stty or some other setting, so that if a remote
connection is dropped before logging off, the serial tty port will
reset itself.

Any suggestions, or pointers to references, FAQ's, or howto's, are
greatly appreciated.

TIA

Mark J. Jordan Programmer/Analyst    ~~~ Give the gift of life...
Michigan Community Blood Centers                      GIVE BLOOD! ~~~

2. Changing WM from kwm to something else

3. PPP stays active in kernel after connect dropped

4. Disk Striping or concatenating

5. CD drops but user stays attached to tty???

6. Where is autofs in 2.0.35 config?

7. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!

8. Controlling the address where shmat maps memory