Mapping conditionally in a Samba network

Mapping conditionally in a Samba network

Post by Gerry W. Veerm » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

When a Samba client has mappings assigned automatically at start-up
(and uses 'Quick Logon' off course), this client will experience
latency if the machines sharing the mapped resources are not on-line.

If one likes to take the advantages of mapping but wants to avoid
occasional  latency, I should think conditional mapping via a
batch-file on the desktop and a copy in the startup folder could do
the trick. (please correct me if there are better ways)

Are there examples of batch files available achieving the above
mentioned ?

PS
I cross-posted to 3 newsgroups. Please e-mail me direct if your
follow-up does not contain 'comp.os.linux.networking'.

 - Gerry

--

"If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough brute force"