IPW2100, WICD and Opensuse and probably other systems

IPW2100, WICD and Opensuse and probably other systems

Post by Uwe Bonne » Sun, 17 Apr 2011 22:39:00

There are a lot of reports on the net regarding WICD, wireless and especially
IPW2100, the message "ipw2100: Fatal interrupt. Scheduling firmware restart"
and "bad password".

With opensuse 11.3 and running still fvmw2, I hit a hard wall with
knetworkmanager. So I tried out WICD, but couldn't get WICD to run with the
wireless IPW2100. I could see the access point(s), but connecting tried for
some time and than aborted with "Bad password".

KNetworkmanager inhibited Yast Access to the Network devices. Now after
deinstalling networkmanager for WICD, I ran Yast Network settings and now
WICD connects as expect.

Hopefully helpfull for others, but y.m.m.v.