: ftp throughput and socket priority over a CSLIP link?

: ftp throughput and socket priority over a CSLIP link?

Post by H.J. L » Tue, 07 May 1996 04:00:00

It seems the newer kernel is geared for interactive network
traffic. The ftp throughput has dropped signicantly although
a ftp session won't make telnet unusable over a CSLIP link with
a newer kernel.

But when there is only a ftp session, most of bandwidth, more
than 75%, is wasted. I only got about one forth of the ftp
throughput under a older kernel. Is that a bug or something
I did wrong? BTW, I am running 1.3.97.

Thanks.

H.J.

1. low outgoing throughput over CSLIP

few days ago, asking for help on improving outgoing throughput of TCP
over CSLIP.  Alan Cox responded with e-mail, suggesting that I try
"pl15f or later (preferably pl15j or later)".  I put pl15j on both my
CSLIP server and client, and now I have comparable inbound and outbound
TCP throughput.  Thanks to Alan.

 bounced.  Hope you get your problem resolved too with pl15j.
]
C. Patrick Lai                     Premenos Corporation

(510) 602-2036 x2112               Concord, CA 94520

2. Compile error on Kernel 2.0.35

3. Maximizing CSLIP throughput

4. WLAN device drivers

5. low outgoing throughput over CSLIP

6. Odd sharing problem

7. UDP throughput code: much lower than expected throughput

8. linux links on altavista.digital.com

9. UDP throughput tool: unusually low throughput

10. CSLIP link to Internet gateway

11. Need help setting up null modem CSLIP link from Mac to Linux box...

12. Improving TCP throughput over high latency links

13. PPP how to monitor link throughput