Need help with IP Masquerading and Rlogin

Need help with IP Masquerading and Rlogin

Post by Roger Hinso » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

        Hi all,

        I'm not Linux literate at all, but have a problem.  The scenario is 3
servers.  Server A is inside the Masq with an IP address of
192.168.100.100.  Server B is the Linux Server.  Server C is the server
I am trying to reach.  I am able to ssh into Server C from Server A, but
I need to also RLOGIN and REXEC to Server C from Server A.

        The problem is that the Masqing takes the incoming call on port 512 or
514 and passes it to server C on port 63000, or some such high number,
which Server C flatly refuses.  How can I tell the Linux server to pass
calls from Server A on ports 512 or 514 to Server C without changing the
port number?

        I hope this makes sense and thanks for the help.  I have looked through
some of the HOWTO's but they seem to help in the direction of Server C
to Server A.

        Roger Hinson

Post by John Hardi » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> I'm not Linux literate at all, but have a problem.  The scenario is
3
>servers.  Server A is inside the Masq with an IP address of
>192.168.100.100.  Server B is the Linux Server.  Server C is the
server
>I am trying to reach.  I am able to ssh into Server C from Server A,
but
>I need to also RLOGIN and REXEC to Server C from Server A.

> The problem is that the Masqing takes the incoming call on port 512
or
>514 and passes it to server C on port 63000, or some such high
number,
>which Server C flatly refuses.  How can I tell the Linux server to
pass
>calls from Server A on ports 512 or 514 to Server C without changing
the
>port number?

You should be able to use ssh to replace the rlogin and rexec
commands. Read through the ssh man pages.

--

 pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin
 768: 0x41EA94F5 - A3 0C 5B C2 EF 0D 2C E5  E9 BF C8 33 A7 A9 CE 76

1. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

Hello

I have a linux box which should work as router for two subnets to the internet.
One subnet has valid IP addresses but the other subnet with private IPs has to be masqueraded. Is it possible to masquerade this subnet with an IP address from the other subnet or with the IP of the router port which is connected to the valid subnet and not with the IP address of the router port which is connected to the internet which is the default?

regards
Klaus

2. THERE ARE UNIX VIRUSES !!!

3. IP masquerade and rlogin

4. ( Clean version ) 2 Network cards on the same subnet/firewall/routing

5. IP-Masquerade problems w/ rlogin

6. Linux: one of PC Week's Top 10 Best Products of the Year

7. Help ip masquerade guru needed

8. Matrox Mistique works w/ latest XFree86 server binaries

9. ip-masquerade help needed

10. ip masquerading....nearly there...help needed..

11. Debian IP Masquerading - help needed please ...

12. Need help with IP Masquerading and UDP packets

13. IP Masquerading (I need help! please!)