Updated Netscape and ncftp from RedHat, but still having some problems

Updated Netscape and ncftp from RedHat, but still having some problems

Post by Mitchell Maltenfor » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

So far, I can read mail and newsgroup posts and download small files.  I can
also telnet into my host.

What I am still having problems with are:

* downloading large files (both Netscape and ncftp hang)

* posting anything to news or mail (I get Netscape Communications
Exception -1 and do not know what it means)

I've been tinkering with the entry in the SMTP server box in Netscape and
tried 'localhost' and the name of the SMTP server I actually use here in the
Win95 partition.  Nothing works.

What do I have to do?   Modify sendmail?  Get a static IP address?

Thanks in advance.

1. Having problems whlie updating and running RedHat Linux 5.2

I had a very disappointing experience while updating and running RedHat
Linux 5.2. When I try to update, whenever it tries to scan (gives message
scanning for update....) it gives message 11 and unmonts the file system.

When i try to boot at a message comes " cant handle null pointer in kernel
..."and gives a lot of details which I am not able to understand them (it
gives some codes in hexadecimal form). This message also comes while I try
to give any command. But there is no fixed point where this comes.

While I run Xwindows , sometimes it gives error 111 or error 4.

I am having cyrix 233 processor and intel mother board. Linux partition is
413MB out of which 61 MB is for swapping. I have only selected packages
and have 70 MB free.

Please help me.

Prasanna.

2. Questions regarding proc_mkdir, proc_create, and possible bugs there.

3. Strange problem with nxterm vs. ncftp under RedHat 4.1

4. .NET

5. New to Solaris--Having problem with Install and Update 10

6. Upgrading the kernel using RedHat RPM updates

7. Having RH6 problem with Netscape Communicator

8. RedHat logrotate .status file problem

9. If you are having problems running netscape....

10. IglooFTP-PRO, gftp, netscape, ncftp

11. Netscape does ftp - ncftp timeouts or hangs

12. Still having problems installing RedHat 5.0 from HD

13. Anyone having automount problems in RedHat 7.0?