Which program to use scsi-tape drive?

Post by Ray » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Which program to use scsi-tape drive? The program taper is, what i see, only
for Floppy-Streamer.

???

Regards
The Ray

Where i work http://www.ultrasonic.at

Which program to use scsi-tape drive?

tar,dump,restore,dd

Post by RxExMxOxV » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> tar,dump,restore,dd

mt

--
  -------------------------:WARNING:----------------------------
By sending me unsolicited commercial/political/religious/MailPush

Post by John Thompso » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Which program to use scsi-tape drive? The program taper is, what i see, only
> for Floppy-Streamer.

No. On my other linux machine I use taper with an Exabyte
2501 SCSI tape drive.  You need to have SCSI and SCSI tape
support available in linux and start taper thus: "taper -T
scsi"

I haven't managed to get taper to work on this machine yet
(Colorado 5GB IDE drive) :-(