Is Exporting Modem from Linux-Server and Import to WIN95-Client possible??

Is Exporting Modem from Linux-Server and Import to WIN95-Client possible??

Post by Stefan Weilhartne » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I want to set up a Linux-Server with SLIP or PPP - Connection to a ISP
and support the whole Network (a few WIN95 computers) with EMail, WWW,
etc.
I think this is possible with configuring the Linux-Server as router.

But on one WIN95-Workstation runs a program that needs a modem.
Is it possible, and how is it possible to export a modem from Linux.
And is it possible, to import this modem from the WIN95-comp.
(this program does not use a TCP/IP-Connection, so I can't route the
communication
 via the Linux-Server.)

I think this is a very delicate problem, but it has to be solved very
quick.
So please, if you know a answer please write something to
comp.os.linux.networking,

Thanks!!!

1. win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

now the win95 client gets his mail with Pegasus mail from the netware
mail server over the ethernet

Is it possible to put a linux (firewalling) machine in between ?
Will the Linux machine ( with IPX in the kernel ) pass on any IPX
packets ( if they're called that way).
Will it be completely transparent to the end-user ?
( the firewall also masquaredes the inner network to the Internet )

tinusz

2. Apache/Tomcat 4 and Virtual Hosts?

3. Linux Modem/Serial Port Server & win95 client

4. 1.1.0 -- 11 building.

5. Wanted: Linux Based modem server, with Win95 client support

6. Newbie Question

7. Linux server, Win95 clients, 1 modem, PPP...a la LanBridge?

8. ODBC and Firewalls

9. Linux client->Win95 server modem share?

10. Modem Pooling (Linux server/Win95 clients)

11. AFPS--Exporting Unix Printer Descriptions to Win95 Clients

12. CVS Client-Server: probs Importing 155 MB File

13. VPN--linux server, windows client, no gre/ipsec--possible???