Suse, masquerading and napster...

Post by Edwin Dorr » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have setup a firewall at my office, which is suse 6.1 with a Linux 2.2.5
kernel, setup
as a firewall, router with a direct HDSL line to a good telco. I use
masquerading
between our office net (10.x.x.x) and the isp site (212.x.x.x) number. With
this
firewall I can use napster ok. I can download with multiple ppl multiple
files
at once.

Now at home. I have setup with a ISDN line (I4l) via isp, internal network
(10.x.x.x)
and masquerading between the ippp0 device and the internal network. It is
SUSE 6.4
straight out of the box, with the straight out of the box installation
(minimum setup,
with added i4l, ppp and ipchains security package) and straight out of the
box
kernel. With this setup I can download one file on 1 pc and 1 file on the
other
pc with napster, but all further (second, third etc.) try to download at
once results in a 'Getting file info' message from napster...

HELP!!! What to look for? I did it ok (by luck) with the office setup, but
I can not repeat it with the new suse 6.4 machine....

Edwin

1. napster and masquerading

 Hi,

i've installed a masquerading system , running kernel 2.0.36. but
napster doen't really work behind it. i figured out that i have to
redirect incoming connections to my lan machine which is running
napster.
i tried a bit around with ipfwadm but didn't succeeded.
can someone send me the command to redirect incoming tcp connections on
ippp0 on port 6699 to 192.168.0.101 ?

thanks,

jan d

--
------------

hp: http://www.planet-jan.de

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. querying time for non-local timezone

3. Firewall (Suse 6.3) and Napster

4. difference between port redirect and port forwarding

5. Firewall (Linux Suse 6.3) and Napster

6. Does Linux support SMP? (dual pentiums)

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. precise gettimeofday?

9. Suse 7.1 with 2.4 kernel: masquerading

10. routing and masquerading with Suse Linux 6.2

11. masquerading with SUSE 9.3

12. SuSE 6.0 Masquerading/Forwarding Problems (long)

13. Masquerading with SuSE 6.4 and T-dsl