Cannot connect to mail server via pop/imap

Cannot connect to mail server via pop/imap

Post by Robo » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:00:23

I cannot connect to a server with pop/imap
Network is fine
POP and Imap protocols/daemons are running
Sendmail is running

Linux version SUSE 7.3

Any ideas

Cannot connect to mail server via pop/imap

Post by Weihnachtsman » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:13:59

Are you running a firewall on your server ???

1. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

Let's take a look at this scenario:

I have two mail accounts, one on academic Unix server A and second
at my office - Unix server B. And there is also Win95/NT PC on my desk.
Practicaly I use Internet only from my PC. There is proxy gateway for
http and ftp outbound connections. No pops, telnets and other services
outside the office. You know - security.
And, let's assume, all inbound mail is CCopied to my boss.

And where is the problem?
I want to have all my private mail (sent to my academic account)
on my desk - Internet Mail, Pegasus or sth like that.

Forwarding mail from one account to the other does not provide security.
My office Unix server is "untrusted", so all forwarded mail should
arrive encoded. And decoding should be done by my pop3 client, just on
my desk.

So, some procmail action should be taken at Server A to encode (by pgp?)
and forward mail. And some automatical decoding at my desk.

Any help?
Any URL, sample conf and tips?

Regards
tko

2. Linux 2.0.33 scsi problems

3. dialin server connect OK but can't mail,ftp...to this server via ppp

4. 2.4.18 clock warps 4294 seconds

5. Wierdness connecting with POP server via dialup

6. Lost CD-ROM access

7. Connecting via telnet to POP server gives bad output

8. Choosing a printer

9. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

10. Email via dedicated POP/mail server?

11. HELP......cannot log into server with POP mail

12. POP to POP mail servers