multi-homing and mail

Post by Mark W Stieb » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

This is a call to all sendmail guru's out there..

I have a machine set up with IP-aliasing, which is used as a multi-homing
Apache web server. Eg, eth0:0, eth0:1, etc etc, with corresponding domain
names (eg, foo.com, bar.com, foobar.com)

WWW works a dream, but I want to know, is there any way to configure
sendmail (or whatever else) do redirect mail?

This is probably not explained as well as it could be, but I figure if you
can help me out, you can probably understand what I'm trying to say :)

 -= Mark Stiebelm

multi-homing and mail

Post by James » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> This is probably not explained as well as it could be, but I figure if you
> can help me out, you can probably understand what I'm trying to say :)

There is a VirtualWWW-HOWTO over at Sunsite,
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO, that goes into setting up
various virtual services. That probably has what you're looking for.

James

--
Due to the large amounts of spam e-mail I have received I am no longer
including my e-mail address in machine-readable format in my posts. This

multi-homing and mail

Post by Sascha Matz » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

: WWW works a dream, but I want to know, is there any way to configure
: sendmail (or whatever else) do redirect mail?
:

Take a look at qmail at www.qmail.org. This little MTA should easily solve
your problems.

Sascha
+                    Sascha Matzke                       +

+            Linux the intelligent choice !!             +

multi-homing and mail

Post by Sergey Y. Voron » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>This is a call to all sendmail guru's out there..

>I have a machine set up with IP-aliasing, which is used as a multi-homing
>Apache web server. Eg, eth0:0, eth0:1, etc etc, with corresponding domain
>names (eg, foo.com, bar.com, foobar.com)

>WWW works a dream, but I want to know, is there any way to configure
>sendmail (or whatever else) do redirect mail?

>This is probably not explained as well as it could be, but I figure if you
>can help me out, you can probably understand what I'm trying to say :)

> -= Mark Stiebelm

I'm using Sendmail 8.7.4 under BSDI OS 2.1 and had similar problem.
I added folowing in apropriate mc file:

LOCAL_RULE_0
# `LOCAL_RULE_0' can be used to introduce alternate delivery rules.
# For example, let's say you accept mail via an MX record for widgets.com
# (don't forget to add widgets.com to your Cw list, as above).
#
# If wigets.com only has an AOL address (widgetsinc) then you could use:

#
# Or, if widgets.com was connected to you via UUCP as the UUCP host
# widgets you might have:

to make futher assignement.

1. ? multi home + multi cgi, multi email, multi log, multi support

Is there any httpd package that could do not only multi web-home
setup, but also
        email for multi-doamin-names with their own domain-name;
        store log files for each domain-name in their own location;
        setup cgi-bin for each domain-name to have their own directory;
        support autherization and configuration for their own home
?

Does Netscape do that, OpenMarket do that, Or otehrs?

Thanks,

zhao

2. Looking for UNIX emacs editor

3. multi-homing and DNS

4. kpackage compile errors under RH 8.0

5. Multi-homing IP on RedHat 4.2.. How?

6. embedded computers

7. NIS+ root master server and multi-homing

8. drivers

9. Problem with multi-homing

10. Multi-homing on a Solaris 8

11. multi-homing /doesn't start on reboot?

12. multi-homing question

13. multi-homing setup