diald/popclient problem, probably VFAQ

Post by Eric Chan » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi.  I have a problem getting popclient working when diald
is being used.  It works fine when executed from the command
line.  It works fine when it is executed from a shell script.
But, it does not work when called from ip-up.  It does not
even generate any redirectable output.  Note that echo hello

Quote:>temp or the like does work from ip-up, so the script is

indeed being executed.  Also, diald has an ip-up directive
in its configuration file.  This never executes when the
link comes up.  Even the echo trick does not work.

I am using diald 0.14, pppd 2.2.0f, and kernel 2.0.2.

Thanks for any suggestions.  Eric

1. (probably newbie) Problem with diald that is driving me up the wall

Hi -

I have what is probably a very simple problem with diald - I cannot for
the life of me get it to use the ip-up and ip-dowm script options. After
diald makes a connection, no changes in the ipfw rules
according to the firewall.up script are noted. I can run the firewall.up
script manually without a problem. Does anyone know what I might be
missing?? ???

This is what my diald.conf file looks like:

include /usr/lib/diald/standard.filter
# stuff to set up the diald connection
device /dev/modem
speed 115200
lock
mode ppp
# We may get another terminal server, thus use
# 'dynamic' and do not tell PPP the IP number of the other end
# For use with gated, comment out the 'dynamic' option, and
# set remote to be the same as local
dynamic
local 10.0.0.1
remote 10.0.0.2
pppd-options asyncmap 0
# Delay sending packets for 5 seconds after PPP device opens -
# this allows routes to be established back to the appropriate dialup
server.
defaultroute
modem
crtscts
two-way
up-delay 5
redial-timeout 5
connect /etc/diald/connect
fifo /etc/diald/diald.ctl
ip-up /etc/diald/firewall.up
ip-down /etc/diald/firewall.down

2. muliple domain addresses on one server?

3. diald problem - pppd won't start from diald

4. motorola sm56 & kernel 2.4.13

5. vFAQ ;-) Buying advice...

6. Making Linux Boot Really Fast

7. Netscape Problem (user problem, more probably)

8. Implications of changing suexec to allow root owned scripts

9. Popclient Problem

10. 2.2.1, diald, diald-control, pipe, wish

11. Procmail & Popclient problem

12. problem: xdm & popclient

13. popclient problem