1) you have nmbd run also ?Quote:> I have a RedHat 5.2 machine running Samba(v 1.9.18p10-3). I edited the
> default smb.conf putting entries for the groupname, added a share, and added
> some allowable hosts. I ran testparm, which found no errors, but I can't see
> it on the network (I even ran a 'Find Computer...' for it w/ no success). I
> can't map a drive to the share I created either. Any ideas?
2) you can mount samba-shares with net use ?
3) you have enabled browsing access by enabling a guest-account ?
4) you have read the encryption.txt if you run nt4 ?
5) you know that the latest smb-version is 2.0.x ?
sorry for this unpolite enumerated questions, but I just wrote a
presentation-paper and I cant get this out of my head ;)