connecting to internet via certain ip address

connecting to internet via certain ip address

Post by Tarsche » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:46:36

Hi all,

I have a router that has a fixed ip 192.168.0.190 . This router
provides the internet connection - it's actually and adsl modem/
router.

I want to connect my pc to that network (192.168.0.*** ) . How can
this be done - I use firefox

Thanks
Stijn

connecting to internet via certain ip address

Post by Ashish Shukl » Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:46:51

Quote:> Hi all,

> I have a router that has a fixed ip 192.168.0.190 . This router
> provides the internet connection - it's actually and adsl modem/
> router.

> I want to connect my pc to that network (192.168.0.*** ) . How can
> this be done - I use firefox

Set 192.168.0.190 as your gateway.

Quote:

> Thanks
> Stijn

HTH
--
Ashish Shukla ???? ?????                      http://wahjava.wordpress.com/
-- - --- - - - --- -- -- - - --- -- --- --

Post by Wolfgang Draxinge » Sat, 01 Dec 2007 02:39:55

> Hi all,

> I have a router that has a fixed ip 192.168.0.190 . This router
> provides the internet connection - it's actually and adsl
> modem/ router.

> I want to connect my pc to that network (192.168.0.*** ) . How
> can this be done

Put that cable with two RJ-45 plugs into the socket in your
route, the other into your PC, et voila, the network is
connected. Apparently your router has been configured for the
private network 192.168.0/24, so just pick a free address from
that network for your PC and put that into your network
configuration. Then you must set your router, i.e. 192.168.0.190
as default gateways, and your ISP's DNS server addresses
into /etc/resolv.conf

Or yet easier: Just enable the DHCP server, your router probably
provides, then you just have to enable automatic IP
configuration (that is the default nowadays), and you're done,
all neccesary settings are supplied by the router to your PC.

Quote:> I use firefox

I'm glad to hear, that you use Firefox, I'm using Opera, so how's
the air over there?

Seriously: The web browser you use, is of as much like interest
for the network configuration, like if a sack rice in china has
fallen over is interesting to me.

Wolfgang Draxinger
--

1. Linux connecting to Internet via TCP/IP LAN

Is it possible for you to connect a PC/Slackware Linux box to the internet
via TCP/IP
protocol from a ethernet LAN running Novell/NT servers? If so, How is it
done? Sorry
about the amature nature of the question. I am trying to learn.

--
John Liu / SPSS
Computer Systems Division

   You are entering territory patrolled by

           THE NIGHTPROWLER

2. bootp server

3. Why IP address is fixed everytime connected to the Internet?

4. Vinum+Newfs on 5.0

5. Routing ip address through linux connected via ppp

6. Tools for a newbee

7. dening certain ip addresses to http server running behind a IP Masq Firewall

8. Source code os Shell?

9. Can only connect to Internet with IP address

10. how to connect a LAN to Internet using only one IP address

11. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

12. Connecting to the Internet via Internet service provider (How?)

13. Looking up IP address via MAC address