Host name, primary name, domain name...?

Host name, primary name, domain name...?

Post by Roger Li » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Can someone please tell me what should I put for these name?

I have local network with several computers and one of them is running
redhat linux  6.1.  I also have an SMC router to get out to the

I want to setup my linux box to be my web/email/ftp/telnet server with
my registered domain name, goodman123.com.

host: c123456-a
domain: plano1.tx.home.com
IP: 24.1.2.3
nameserver1: 24.4.0.33
nameserver2: 24.4.0.34

SMC router:
IP: 192.168.123.254

linux box:
IP: 192.168.123.187

What should I put for these name?
<In netconf host basic configuration>
Host name:
Primary name + domain name:

<Resolver configuration>
Default domain:

<Basic sendmail configuration>
Present your system as:
Mail server:
Mail gateway:

Thanks!

1. Server Domain name & Host name

Just setting up my server (redHat 7.1) via linuxconf
What do I need to put as the Host name+Domain?

I have checked all the how to's Man pages and other web sites!!

Background:
I will be setting this up with a cable modem connection to my ISP, with 2 x
Win98 boxes connected to the Linux Server - hopefully using it to get on the
internet for web and mail services (+ ICQ & MSN Messenger). I will also be
using it to test web sites before publishing to the net.

thanks,

Dave

2. how to get a status from ftp

3. how to change domain name, host name, ip address

4. Sending bytes to ports?

5. Q: how do I change the domain name/host name under Solaris

6. /usr/bin/shutdown: /tmp/sh700: Creation not possible ?

7. domain name and host name

8. Monthly SunFlash March 25th, 1995

9. host name versus domain name

10. Changing Host Name and Domain Name

11. how can a machine has both a real domain name and a bogus domain name?

12. NIS domain names and DNS domain names not matching.

13. Can I configure multiple domain names to dhcpd.conf "option domain-name"?