Count/control IP usage by Samba username?

Count/control IP usage by Samba username?

Post by root » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi .

I'm setting up a network (Linux server, Win 95 clients) where I want to
count IP usage through the (Linux) firewall according to the Samba
username (rejecting use if not logged in).  Can anyone point me in the
direction of useful information?  I don't want to reinvent the wheel if
its unncessary.

Regards,

Nigel.

Post by ewrv » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi .

> I'm setting up a network (Linux server, Win 95 clients) where I want to
> count IP usage through the (Linux) firewall according to the Samba
> username (rejecting use if not logged in).  Can anyone point me in the
> direction of useful information?  I don't want to reinvent the wheel if
> its unncessary.

> Regards,

> Nigel.

Ya make the log file really BIG!!! mwa ha ha!
in your /etc/smb.conf file make your log size 1000 and it will log lots of
stuff, also there is an option under samba to set the logging level, it can
get harry though!

                    http://www.searchlinux.com