ICQ problems with IP Masq Debian 2.2.15

Post by Eric Haskin » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

    I set up a NAT box lastnight plugged my wireless radio into wan eth0
plugged my lan into eth1  running great just ICQ keeps losing the server
sometimes it will stay connected for 2 hours and others your lucky if it
will stay connected for 5 mins. Anyone have any suggestions or a script to
fix this? Any help appreciated

Eric Haskins
Wireless Broadband Tech

!!! Look Mom No Phone Lines !!!

1. ip masq problems on 2.2.15 kernel

Hi.

I'm having problems getting IP MASQ to work (acutally I can't even get
the two comptuers to talk to each other).

In the linux machine I have a two ethernet cards.  One is a Linksys
running the DEC Tulip driver and is connected to a cable modem
(everything is a-ok on that connection).

The other is a 3com etherlink iii.  I have it's ip address set to
192.162.0.3.

This is connected to a hub, to which a Win98 machine running the same
exact 3com card is connected.  The connection lights on both ehternet
cards as well as on the hub are all lit, yet I can't ping either machine
with the other machine. When I run route I get the following output:

192.168.0.0     *       255.255.255.0 U 0 0 eth1

Both machines can ping themselves fine.

Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks.

Todd

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. rw ramdisk with ro backend?

3. Feedback on 2.2.15 (wasRe: Kernel Stable: 2.2.15pre4 )

4. FreeBSD and qmail

5. AWE64, Debian 2.1, Linux 2.2.15 - device busy error

6. Problems with collisions on eth0

7. USB problems compiling 2.2.15pre19

8. Grphics Card Not suppported

9. pctel 'linmodem' driver with 2.2.15 problem

10. Problem with DMA buffer (in 2.2.15)

11. G4 - Kernel 2.2.15pre7 - USB problems :-(

12. Kernel 2.2.15 Problem

13. Problems with Netscape 4.7 and 2.2.15