routing over PPP

Post by David Flor » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello!

    I'm having a * routing problem with two networks that I am trying to
connect over a ppp connection.  I am able to get the ppp connection to work
(between two linux machines), but I am unable to get them to route packets.
The "defaultroute" entries set up in the routing table do not solve the
problem, and I have also tried entries that specifically route packets to
the appropriate subnets:  Router 1:(192.168.2.0-->ppp0, 192.168.1.0-->eth0)
and Router 2:(192.168.1.0-->ppp0,192.168.2.0-->eth0).  If anyone with a
similar setup could describe the routing system they use I would be very
grateful.  If I am doing something else wrong, please advise.

Thanks,

David Flory

routing over PPP

Post by Frank Peter » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

i need more info's    netmask and so on...

but look in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 ip_forward or so if there is a 1 all ok
if there is 0 do a echo 1>ip_forward...

David Flory schrieb:

Quote:

> Hello!

>     I'm having a * routing problem with two networks that I am trying to
> connect over a ppp connection.  I am able to get the ppp connection to work
> (between two linux machines), but I am unable to get them to route packets.
> The "defaultroute" entries set up in the routing table do not solve the
> problem, and I have also tried entries that specifically route packets to
> the appropriate subnets:  Router 1:(192.168.2.0-->ppp0, 192.168.1.0-->eth0)
> and Router 2:(192.168.1.0-->ppp0,192.168.2.0-->eth0).  If anyone with a
> similar setup could describe the routing system they use I would be very
> grateful.  If I am doing something else wrong, please advise.

> Thanks,

> David Flory

1. Setting up PPP routing with no routing (Huh?)

Hi,

I would like to give certain users on my linux system through a modem
using the PPP server.  My current setup work just fine, but:

I am hooked to my provider via an ISDN link and I do not want the PPP
peer on the modem to access any other computer than my own server; e.g.
I would like to set up the routing tables for the PPP link in such a way
that no connection over the dial-out line is possible.

The problem being: The users logging in on my PC should have all the
permissions of my local users and I don't want to change the routing in
such a way that it will affect my LAN at home in which the same users
may have access to the internet.

I have a subnet with 8 IP addresses (netmask 255.255.255.248) and set up
routing for my ISDN devices.  How can I use routed to disallow routing
from the PPP IF?

Can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks a lot,

        Uwe
--

Germany                                  Tel: +49 6074 881340
The contents of this post are for entertainment purposes only

2. need help in making a bootable floppy

3. routing tabels loosing default route using PPP

4. New Solaris User Questions

5. PPP Static Routes won't route to eth0

6. TERMINFO ASCII Source request

7. PPP/ARP routing problem: using a PPP remote address inside an Ethernet subnet

8. what is ETag header?

9. Routing under PPP and stopping PPP

10. Hard Drive Access will using PPP & PPP routing questions

11. Routing for a ppp client via another ppp link - possible?

12. route based on incoming eth out ppp - two eth / two ppp

13. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE