Translating ARP commands from linux syntax to dos command prompt

Translating ARP commands from linux syntax to dos command prompt

Post by Samue » Sat, 06 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi all!

Can someone please help me translating following ARP commands to dos,
so I can run then from command prompt in win98.

IPADDRESS=212.186.161.144
MODEMMAC=00:00:ca:11:fa:ee
DEVICE=eth1
FGATEWAY=10.10.10.0

arp -s $FGATEWAY $MODEMMAC -i $DEVICE
arp -s $IPADDRESS $MODEMMAC -i $DEVICE

route add -net $FGATEWAY netmask 255.255.255.0 dev $DEVICE
route add default gw $FGATEWAY dev $DEVICE

route del default gw $FGATEWAY dev $DEVICE
route del -net $FGATEWAY netmask 255.255.255.0 dev $DEVICE

Thanks a lot and greetings......Sam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. does installation CD commence with startup command from a DOS prompt?

My home-built Slackware start-up diskette (bare.i
and trantor.s) recognizes both of my HDs but
reports 0 SCSI hosts. (My CD drive is a SCSI Sanyo
running from a Trantor 130B card).

Slackware CD disks are en route to me even as I
type.

As apparently there is no driver for the above card
in trantor.s, (documentation for trantor.s lists
various Trantor model numbers while omitting 130b),
does that mean that I must get a new SCSI card to proceed?

I am guessing that the start-up disk must see the CD
drive before installation.  Or does the installation
process start from a DOS command line?

I note that *Running Linux* 2nd edition on p. 57 has
the command "t128=mem-base, irq"

I assume however that a t130= command would be meaningless
as far as trantor.s is concerned.  Is this so?

Again, thanks in advance for any additional electronic
handholding on your part.

Michael Eisenstadt

2. kswapd OOPS under 2.4.19-pre8 (ext3, Reiserfs + (soft)raid0)

3. How to translate Linux's PS1 prompt to Unix's PS1 prompt?

4. (Unix) any device independent file for graphics?

5. Needed ftp commands from dos prompt.

6. Porting to Linux

7. How to translate Linux's PS1 prompt to Unix's PS1 prompt?

8. firewall problem; how to socksify ?

9. RH 6.1 After Install boots to command prompt not Graphical Prompt???

10. diff among echo a>f; command<f; echo $a|command; command << $a; EOF

11. Linux Commands- Where can i find list of Linux Commands for the console?

12. Linux Command Line Syntax

13. Need correct BSD syntax for Linux command