Mail Distribution!

Post by Rick W. Purdo » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Some of the companies provide virtual email hosting, i.e. 1 POP account
> which will have unlimited email addresses for that domain. I was looking for
> a software for WindowsNT or Linux, which could pop the mail from that POP
> account and distribute it to local mail boxes.

> I found one for Windows NT named "ALT-N Mail Daemon" but i am still looking
> for a Linux one!. If any one know anything abt this, pls let me know
> privtaly or via this posting! I will appriciate!

You need IMAP/Pop server   ...
   and 'fetchmail' to retrieve the mail   ...
      and then a program like 'procmail' to redistribute it   ...

Mail Distribution!

Post by Steve Bor » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Some of the companies provide virtual email hosting, i.e. 1 POP account
>which will have unlimited email addresses for that domain. I was looking for
>a software for WindowsNT or Linux, which could pop the mail from that POP
>account and distribute it to local mail boxes.

>I found one for Windows NT named "ALT-N Mail Daemon" but i am still looking
>for a Linux one!. If any one know anything abt this, pls let me know
>privtaly or via this posting! I will appriciate!

I'm not sure 100% what you're wanting to do, but fetchmail will definately do
it.

--
Steve Borho                       Voice:  314-532-7708  ext. 241
Network Engineer                  FAX:    314-532-3242

1. Mail distribution list...how?????

How can i make a mail distribution list?? I want to be able to send a
letter per month to s select group of friends and don't particulaly want
to type out the names all the time

--thanks

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information

2. Xfree on Laser 432C portable ?

3. ANOUNCEMENT: SLS by-mail distribution

4. ^Z w/ linux zsh

5. mail distribution list

6. LILO and EZ-BIOS - checking facts before installing

7. sendmail take long time for mail distribution

8. gcc on AIX 4.3

9. ANOUNCEMENT: SLS by-mail distribution

10. pop to local mail distribution

11. Help! Linux as a POP3 mail distribution server

12. Mail Distribution List ==> how?

13. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails