Linux print client & SCO Unix print server

Linux print client & SCO Unix print server

Post by Alejandro Alberola Ari » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hello!

I have configured a Linux system as a print client and
a SCO Unix system as a print server, but when I try to
submit a print job from Linux it doesn't work.

When I type "# lpd -Pprintername" on Linux I get the
following answer: "/usr/lib/lpd: Host name for your
address (192.168.0.0) unknown".

Any ideas ? Please, e-mail if you know anything about it.

Thanks.

Linux print client & SCO Unix print server

Post by Joe Slo » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello!

>I have configured a Linux system as a print client and
>a SCO Unix system as a print server, but when I try to
>submit a print job from Linux it doesn't work.

>When I type "# lpd -Pprintername" on Linux I get the
>following answer: "/usr/lib/lpd: Host name for your
>address (192.168.0.0) unknown".

I think you misspelled lpr.

The best way to set this up is to specify "lp" as the SCO printer
in /etc/princap, and avoid all the fuss with command-line arguments...

e.g.

#local printer:
lp|SCO-BOX|Laserjet 4m on SCO-BOX:\
    :lp=:rm=SCO_BOX.my.domain:\
    :sd=/usr/spool/lp1:\
    :lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:\
    :rp=lp:\
    :sh:sf:mx#0:

--
 Joe Sloan                 |    http://dostoevsky.ucr.edu

 Upgrade to Linux95!       |    University of California
~

1. Remote Printing from SCO Unix to a print Server.

Greetings from Greece,

I have installed on the network in the office a print server device.
Through its software (under WIN98) i have assigned an ip address to it.
I also have a SCO Openserver 5 Server in the same network. The WIN98
terminals are using a terminal emulation program in order to login to
the SCO server and run a business application. What i don't know is how
to setup this print server on the Unix so that when a WIN98 terminal
wants to print on the print server,the SCO server, that accepts the
print requests  will do the rerouting to the IP address of the print
server.
I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance
Panos Kollas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How to change color of text?

3. Linux print client with *Linux* print server

4. Is your gimp working?

5. SunOS 5.2 Print Client and BSD Print Server

6. Disaster Recovery option on Solaris 8

7. print client can't print to 2.6 printer server

8. /etc/passwd file paser to check validy, can anyonr help?

9. Help getting printing working to Wireless Print Server/Client

10. Printing from OS/2 client to Solaris 2.3 print server

11. SCO 5.0.2 - lpd printing to a Chase print server

12. Printing from SCO unix 5.0 to an lpd daemon on a win 95/century term client

13. Printing from unix client to NT server.