GD and MRTG? what's the problem?

Post by Raqueeb Hass » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:15:30

Hello There!

I'm getting sick of compiling MRTG due to the errors generated by GD.
I searched the groups.google.com, my news server, FAQ lists and still
..... lots of people have the same queries regarding the GD
difficulty.

I wish someone can make a detail FAQ for rest of us :-)

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Raqueeb Hassan
Bangladesh

____________________________________
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... no
checking for gd.h... yes

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.

GD and MRTG? what's the problem?

Post by Nils O. Sel?sd » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:02:03

Quote:> Hello There!

> I'm getting sick of compiling MRTG due to the errors generated by GD.
> I searched the groups.google.com, my news server, FAQ lists and still
> ..... lots of people have the same queries regarding the GD
> difficulty.

> I wish someone can make a detail FAQ for rest of us :-)

> Any help will be appreciated!

Where have you installed gd ?
Might be in a location the configure script cant find it.
If you didnt compile&install gd yourself,  do you have a gd devel
package installed?

Post by Frank Sweetse » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:13:23

> Hello There!

> I'm getting sick of compiling MRTG due to the errors generated by GD.
> I searched the groups.google.com, my news server, FAQ lists and still
> ..... lots of people have the same queries regarding the GD
> difficulty.

> I wish someone can make a detail FAQ for rest of us :-)

> Any help will be appreciated!

> Thanks in advance.

> Raqueeb Hassan
> Bangladesh

> ____________________________________
> checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
> checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... no
> checking for gd.h... yes

> ** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.

Well, it says the GD library is required.  Do you have GD?  If you think
you do, check out the config.log file for any usefull error messages.

--
Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu, fs at suave.net            | $ x 18
Full-time WPI Network Engineer, Part time Linux/Perl guy |

GD and MRTG? what's the problem?

Post by Raqueeb Hass » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:20:03

well, it's in /usr/local/src/gd .... i did show the right path ...
no hope :(

raqueeb hassan
bangladesh

Post by Frank Sweetse » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 02:48:30

> well, it's in /usr/local/src/gd .... i did show the right path ...
> no hope :(

That looks like the build tree.  Did you actually install GD after building
it?  And did you tell the configure script where to look for the GD install?

--
Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu, fs at suave.net            | $ x 18
Full-time WPI Network Engineer, Part time Linux/Perl guy |
"We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on
when it's necessary to compromise."

1. MRTG: Where is the problem? GD or snmpd?

Hello world!

Good Morning. What might be the problem running mrtg when it says ...

# /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/gateway.cfg
/usr/bin/rateup: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/bin/rateup: undefined symbol: gdImageGif
ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything
sensible
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/bin/mrtg line
397.
Argument "UNIX" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at /usr/bin/mrtg line
397.
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
 with Exit Value 127 when doing router '192.168.0.1_192.168.0.1'
 Signal was 0, Returncode was 127
_________________________________

is it because of gd or snmpd? i figured out snmpd is working fine and
snmpwalk makes sense.

thanks in advance.

raqueeb hassan
bangladesh

2. Windows by Day, Linux by Night

3. OpenBSD 3.3: gd/GD.pm can't find libz.so.2.0

4. Apache Redirect Problem

5. MRTG and GD, what happened?

6. Tekram DC315U/Adaptec AVA-2904 support?

7. MRTG help (gd)

8. ANNOUNCE: http-tiny-1.0 C lib & client, with PUT, DELETE,...

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Can't get Sony CDU-31A-GD to mount

11. "gd" gif library doesn't like the Apache server (or vice-versa)

12. Perl Question on AIX 5.2: Can't locate loadable object for module GD in @INC

13. Can't build GD.pm on Solaris8