mrouted - multicast routing, please help !

mrouted - multicast routing, please help !

Post by Alessandro Ghio » Wed, 23 May 2001 18:32:13

Hi everybody,
I need to make some experiments for my multicast congestion control
masterthesis, so I deployed a laboratory with some linux routing
boxes. I compiled the kernel to act as a multicast router (and also to
make tunneling) and installed mrouted (I found an rmp version of it,
76kbytes, is it right?), but it still doesn't route any multicast
packet. I see (with the debug option) that mrouted detectes the
multicast join, but it doesn't route. I have so few time to complete
my masterthesis, can anybody help me fast?
Thanks.

Alessandro Ghioni
CEFRIEL
Network Systems Area.