Gethostbyname(), Gethostbyaddr(), etc

Post by Arju » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to study the workings of the GethostXXX() namesearch functions.
Would someone point me to a place I could find source code for these
functions?

thanks,

Arjun

1. gethostbyname, gethostbyaddr

Hello everyone,

anyone know where the library routines gethostbyname() and
gethostbyaddr() reside? I checked libc.a and some shared
libraries too. But I can't find those. I would appreciate
any help.

Thank you,
Andreas Mitsis

--
** Andreas Mitsis * FH Wiesbaden * Fachbereich Informatik **

2. measuring time to create a process

3. gethostbyaddr & gethostbyname programs

4. Motif for Linux

5. gethostbyname()/gethostbyaddr() in INN 1.4/Solaris 2.4

6. low level question?

7. gethostbyname() and gethostbyaddr() problems

8. ksh- print leading zeroes for job files

9. gethostbyaddr?/etc/hosts:domain name server

10. gethostbyname() - DNS etc... not working

11. NIS nameserver for gethostbyname etc

12. CDE vs. /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group

13. ssh chrooted enviroment WITHOUT /bin /etc /lib - etc etc in the users dir ?