MAX number of NFS Mounts

Post by James L. McGi » Fri, 03 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I worked through this problem once, long ago, and turned
the solution over to the person who needed it, and promptly
erased it from my brain.  Well, I have to solve it again.

The problem is that there is a limit to the number of NFS
directories you can mount.  Perhaps this limit applies to
all "mounted" file systems.   There is some constant
somewhere, I just can't remember it or find it with grep.

I need to mount at least 120 exported paths
onto a box.  I also need to do the same thing with
a Sparc 20 running SunOS 5.5.1.

Another issue was the fact that if I set rsize=wsize=8192
on so many mounted nfs paths, I had a problem with running
out of memory; stack overflows  I think, as opposed to free
memory.  Is this a known problem that has been addressed
directly?

Please advise.

--

d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t

1. Max. # of NFS mounts?

Is there a maximum number of NFS mounts on 1.2.8?  We seem to be
running into a limit.....

The error message is of the form:

mount: {hostname}:/export/{hostname}/{user} not a mount point

Of course, the mount point exists....

Anyone else had this problem....please e-mail and I'll summarize.

Dave

2. NetBSD(sparc) problem...

3. Max NFS mounts = 24 ?

4. How to boot w/IDE SyQuest w/o cart in?

5. How can I tuning Max process number and open file number on Sun Solaris 7(Intel)???

6. MSDOS partition mount problems

7. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

8. Where are lib[if]77.a?

9. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

10. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

11. TCP sequence verifier: Invalid ACK number - with nfs mount from AIX to Solaris

12. Number of NFS mounts

13. Non-standard program number from NFS mount