Help on downloading?

Post by czouch.. » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am having trouble downloading.  I use minicom to connect to a UNIX shell
account at a local university.  When I use DOS, I can download just fine
using Kermit, but when I use Kermit with minicom, my computer locks up
completely.  Nothing works until I physically unplug the modem from the line.

When I try to use Zmodem, it says that "packets are too large" or "too much
garbage received" or something like that.  Then when I hit Ctrl-C to quit,
the data stream continues and I have to hang up.

Can anyone help?  Thanks.
                                                         Matthew

   "If your mirror has a monster in it, do not shout.
This kind of situation does not call for freaking out.
And do nothing that you would not like to see him do
'cause, that monster in the mirror, he just might be you."

                                                    - Grover Monster

Help on downloading?

Post by johnn » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Are you connecting with minicom using a direct phone link or through
ppp?
If you are doing it through ppp I think I can help.
If you are connecting with a terminal then I may still be able to help.

--
               -- johnny --

                .signatures get boring after awhile,
                time to think of a new one.