Does Linux support MPP yet?

Post by Dan Rotell » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Anyone know of a way to get linux to support multilink PPP (or
multi-point protocol, or whatever the heck Microsoft calls it today)? I
am sick to death of having to rely on my Win95 box to connect me to the
net.

thanks

Does Linux support MPP yet?

Post by Richard Stein » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

spake unto us, saying:

Quote:>Anyone know of a way to get linux to support multilink PPP (or
>multi-point protocol, or whatever the heck Microsoft calls it today)?

What is it?  And who uses it?  Most ISPs use standard PPP using either
PAP or CHAP as negotiation protocols.

Quote:>I am sick to death of having to rely on my Win95 box to connect me to
>the net.

I've never used a Windows flavor to connect to the net.  Started with
DOS and the PC/GEOS-based "DOS" AOL client, moved to DOS and Telemate
with my Delphi account, moved to OS/2 and PPP, and now use Linux and
OS/2 in combination via ADSL.

Why limit yourself?  :-)

--

    OS/2 + Linux (Slackware+RedHat+SuSE) + FreeBSD + Solaris + BeOS +
    WinNT4 + Win95 + PC/GEOS + MacOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!

1. ISDN MPP linux <---> linux, can it be done?

I was wondering if a linux box with an ISDN TA can dial into another
linux box with an ISDN TA and use Multilink PPP to get 128K.
For example using an external Motorola Bitsurfer or 3COM Impact.
I have used AiMux on the Bitsurfer with normal ppp.  But would like to
offer connections with other brand TA's that only support MPP.  My
thoughts are that probably ipppd must be used.  Has anyone gotten it
to work?  Or there any documents anywhere about how to exactly go
about doing it.
Thanks

2. solaris based sleep mode

3. Does Linux have TCP/IP support yet?

4. Making a fake mmaped driver?

6. Linking with Netscape API

7. Does Linux AHA-2742T SCSI driver support B channel yet ?

8. unaligned trap while executing gs

9. Vivitar MPP under Linux

10. Linux <-> ISDN <-> MPP

11. Does Linux support PCI Buslogic BT-946C SCSI, ATI GUPT yet?

12. Can Linux/XFree86 support my Diamond card yet?

13. Is BJC5000 supported on linux yet?