SuSE Linux network setup

Post by Dark Sta » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a tool or program or anywhere I could
get text files as a last resort to help me setup my network services? I have
used Yast, and have gotten some of the stuff setup, but the e-mail, news and
Samba for file and print sharing is too much beyond me.

I got the evaluation copy and it had no help files on it, so is there
anything out there you can point me to please?

Thanks in advance.

Dark Star.
--
The perfect vodka
1. Put ice in glass

(A)bort (R)etry (I)gnore (S)orry I Asked!

Today I'm drunk, tomorrow I'll be sober. You'll still be stupid.

While I do this I check out www.cotse.com and the new IRC chat area
server /irc.cotse.com and go to #hacking
If I have a question I go to www.astalavista.box.sk or www.cotse.com

If I don't know what is on topic or wht I can post then i go to
http://zombywoof.virtualave.net/FAQ/index.html and read up on it

SuSE Linux network setup

Post by Dark Sta » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have now been sent a PDF help file on SuSE, so I am glad to all those that
would have helped if they could.

I will be glad to e-mail it to anyone who wants it

Un-spam the e-mail addy first though, ok?

Dark Star.
--
The perfect vodka
1. Put ice in glass
2. Take large bottle of Vodka
3. Drink from bottle and throw ice at anyone who tries taking the bottle
away

(A)bort (R)etry (I)gnore (S)orry I Asked!

Today I'm drunk, tomorrow I'll be sober. You'll still be stupid.

While I do this I check out www.cotse.com and the new IRC chat area
server /irc.cotse.com and go to #hacking
If I have a question I go to www.astalavista.box.sk or www.cotse.com

If I don't know what is on topic or wht I can post then i go to
http://zombywoof.virtualave.net/FAQ/index.html and read up on it

Quote:> Hi all, I was wondering if there was a tool or program or anywhere I could

Post by CRAIG E RANSO » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Hi all, I was wondering if there was a tool or program or anywhere I could
> get text files as a last resort to help me setup my network services? I have
> used Yast, and have gotten some of the stuff setup, but the e-mail, news and
> Samba for file and print sharing is too much beyond me.

> I got the evaluation copy and it had no help files on it, so is there
> anything out there you can point me to please?

> Thanks in advance.

Linux Documentation Project might have what you need:

http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/index.html

Or, try http://www.linux.org/help/

Or, try http://www.linuxdoc.org/

I've currently got a small intranet (LAN) - 2 Win98 clients and a Caldera
OpenLinux eServer 2.3 File & Print Server - using Samba. I intend to extend
the eServer into being a Internet "gateway" ASAP, so I can have firewalled
access to the net from either Win98 client, and the Linux box.

If that's about what you are trying to do, maybe I can help, at least on the
Samba side. (That WAS a trial to get running!)

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS, NetClip
Using Virtual Access 5.01 build 301 in Win98
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

1. Problems with Network Setup SuSE 5.2

Hi there,
I have just installed SuSE Linux 5.2 and I'm having trouble to get my
Network support up and running.
My Ethernet card 3COM 3C509b is being detected during boot-up at 0x280 and
IRQ 10 but then I receive the message "Network unreachable" .

I have used the following settings:
IP 155.33.53.86
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 155.33.218.11
DNS 129.10.1.13 and 129.10.1.6
domain names: dac.neu.edu and neu.edu

I have checked /etc/route.conf and it seems ok. and have also tried to add
the gateway manually... but without success.

The same values and settings work fine for me under WINDOWS 95

Thanks in advance

Chris

2. What is worng with $n in shell programming?

3. newbie: suse network setup

4. Phonenix BIOS does not see 2GB HDrive ?

5. Linux Network setup for Nt4 network

6. force PseudoColor visual on 24-bit displays - how?

7. WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9

8. Sporadic error starting Oracle listener

9. Setup for Mediaone road runner one way cable modem on linux (suse 6.4)

10. Suse linux setup crash

11. Suse Linux setup

12. SuSE Linux 8.0 and Apache 1.3.23 Setup

13. How to setup partition magic adding both Os e.g. SuSe 6.0 Linux and Ms winnt together?