Internet Share via Bluetooth

Post by Geoff Lan » Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:04:55

I have an Ubuntu Linux system operating behind a NAT router.

My mobile phone can connect using the installed bluetooth management
program and a plug in USB device.

Am I able to link the Bluetooth adapter and my Linux machine's wifi
adapter to enable the mobile phone to access the internet via the Linux
machine.

I know on MS Windows machines network cards can be bridged so I am
certain Linux can do this also but am not sure how.

Geoff Lane

Internet Share via Bluetooth

Post by ArameFarpad » Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:50:38

Em Domingo, 8 de Junho de 2008 01:04, Geoff Lane escreveu:

Quote:> I have an Ubuntu Linux system operating behind a NAT router.

> My mobile phone can connect using the installed bluetooth management
> program and a plug in USB device.

> Am I able to link the Bluetooth adapter and my Linux machine's wifi
> adapter to enable the mobile phone to access the internet via the Linux
> machine.

> I know on MS Windows machines network cards can be bridged so I am
> certain Linux can do this also but am not sure how.

> Geoff Lane

maybe this can help

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8172

1. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

Hi,

Basically, tell your Linux box the IP address of a DNS server, and that it
should use the IP address of the Windows machine as its gateway.  What about
showing us the output of your /sbin/ifconfig and /sbin/route -n commands on
your Linux box.

See ya

Dean Thompson

2. where to get old computers?

3. Update to the internet share via linux senario (A easy solution):

4. 2.5.25: s390 drivers.

5. (Long) Linux internet sharing via Windows 98 PC

6. Goldstar CD, PCI, Caldera woes

7. Internet Connection via a Network Shared Connection in RedHat 7.2

8. Cirrus (1024x768)

9. Internet connection sharing via Linux

10. Sharing Internet connection via a Linux box.

11. Windows <-> Linux via Bluetooth: How?

12. Connecting to the Internet via Internet service provider (How?)

13. Win2K/RH 8 Network Share + Internet Share