Appletalk

Post by Bas van Oosteru » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,

I want to share some partitions with a Apple Macintosh. I just installed the
appletalk protocol. I now can see my debian server in the apple chooser.
Wenn I choose the debian server I am asked for a user name / passwd. The
problem is: regular accounts on the debian server are not accepted. What's
rong?

An other question: how can I share partitions with the Mac?

Bas

Appletalk

Post by Robert Lync » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Hello all,

> I want to share some partitions with a Apple Macintosh. I just installed the
> appletalk protocol. I now can see my debian server in the apple chooser.
> Wenn I choose the debian server I am asked for a user name / passwd. The
> problem is: regular accounts on the debian server are not accepted. What's
> rong?

> An other question: how can I share partitions with the Mac?

> Bas

Haven't used it myself, but there's a detailed article in a recent
LinuxWorld:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

"AppleTalk services under Linux-Netatalk paves the way for Mac to talk
to Linux"

HTH. Bob L.
--

http://www.veryComputer.com/~rm*/

Appletalk

Post by Robin Jacks » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Subject: Appletalk

>Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:36:36 GMT
>Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking

>Hello all,

>I want to share some partitions with a Apple Macintosh. I just installed the
>appletalk protocol. I now can see my debian server in the apple chooser.
>Wenn I choose the debian server I am asked for a user name / passwd. The
>problem is: regular accounts on the debian server are not accepted. What's
>rong?

>An other question: how can I share partitions with the Mac?

I would like to know HOW you installed netatalk.

I have downloaded it BUT the readme might as well be in martian for all the
sense it makes to a newbie like me.

Any help VERY much appreciated.

Robin

Appletalk

Post by debia » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

> >Subject: Appletalk

> >Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:36:36 GMT
> >Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.networking

> >Hello all,

> >I want to share some partitions with a Apple Macintosh. I just installed the
> >appletalk protocol. I now can see my debian server in the apple chooser.
> >Wenn I choose the debian server I am asked for a user name / passwd. The
> >problem is: regular accounts on the debian server are not accepted. What's
> >rong?

> >An other question: how can I share partitions with the Mac?

> I would like to know HOW you installed netatalk.

> I have downloaded it BUT the readme might as well be in martian for all the
> sense it makes to a newbie like me.

> Any help VERY much appreciated.

> Robin

Well, i agree with you: the documentation did not help me very much:-(

I have used dselect to install the appletalk package as well as the lib files.
After this installation i got the situation as described above: I can see the
linux server, but can not login...

regards,

Bas

1. appletalk in solaris 2.6?

about a year ago there was some silly announcement about a cooperation
between sun and apple.  one of the things mentioned was producing an
appletalk stack for solaris... is this ever actually going to happen,
or has it been shelved?

(netatalk has proven to be way too unstable for me)

--steve farrell

2. Creating a new FS type in SVR4

3. BUG: AppleTalk security hole

4. mouse stuck in top right corner 3.3.6 - RH6.2

5. How to not load AppleTalk for Linux?

6. sndconfig error

7. Mounting AppleTalk Shares

8. 8-17-00 4.1 libc_r uthread Build Bug

9. Appletalk printing + netatalk + Linux:URL + text

10. Can linux route Appletalk over IP?

11. Appletalk routing questions

12. MOL AppleTalk through IP MASQ?

13. Appletalk utilities. Linux Hangs