PPPoE on Linux v2.4.0-test9

Post by Joe Kisl » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:24:44

        I'm having troubles getting PPPoE working on my Linux 2.4.0-test9
kernel.  I wanted to know if anybody else has gotten it working on this
kernel...  I have DSL service from Bell Atlantic.

        I compiled in (not as modules) PPP, PPPoE, PPP Async, PPP Sync, PPP
Deflate, and Packet Socket into the kernel.  I've been trying to use the
modified ppp daemon on:
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~mostrows/

        However, whenever I try to run the modified PPPd, it just says
(null): PPP is not compiled into the kernel... blah blah blah

I have put the full path in the "plugin pppoe" line in the options
file.. Yet it still says I don't have PPP compiled into my kernel.  Has
anybody else had this problem?  Is there something I'm just not doing
right; or did PPPoE bust in the test9 kernel?

        I also tried using the kernel solution from:
http://www.davin.ottawa.on.ca/pppoe/

However the module won't compile under 2.4.0-test9; and without the
module the PPPoed which comes with it doesn't work.

Anybody got any clues?