NetMeeting 3 under an ip-masqued network

NetMeeting 3 under an ip-masqued network

Post by Zorro_ » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
   I'm trying to run NetMeeting under an IP-Masqued network. Then i can
stablish outgoing communications, i can chat with my partner but i can't
hear or see anything... while my partner can hear and see me !

   So, did somebody know what my i do to made it wor, if it is possible ?

Thank you in advance,
--
Zorro_X

NetMeeting 3 under an ip-masqued network

Post by barile fabi » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Zorro_X a crit :

Quote:> Hello,
>    I'm trying to run NetMeeting under an IP-Masqued network. Then i can
> stablish outgoing communications, i can chat with my partner but i can't
> hear or see anything... while my partner can hear and see me !

>    So, did somebody know what my i do to made it wor, if it is possible ?

> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Zorro_X

I have the same probleme !!!

NetMeeting 3 under an ip-masqued network

Post by Gert Vandelae » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,
>    I'm trying to run NetMeeting under an IP-Masqued network. Then i can
> stablish outgoing communications, i can chat with my partner but i can't
> hear or see anything... while my partner can hear and see me !

>    So, did somebody know what my i do to made it wor, if it is possible ?

> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Zorro_X

That's logical that the other end can't see/hear you, because masq only
handles outgoing connections, and probably the netmeeting app only listens on
certain ports for incoming traffic ... find out which ports these are,
download ipmasqadm, and read the README, and you're all set.

ipmasqadm will redirect incomming traffic to internal computers ...

Greetz,
Gert

NetMeeting 3 under an ip-masqued network

Post by anon » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

You will find this difficult to do as the audio & video from your friend is
sent back using Dynamically assigned UDP ports.  The incomming UDP packets
will arrive at your external interface but it will have no record of
masquarding them in the first place so they will be dropped.

one possible solution is to forward all incomming UDP packets in the
dynamically assigned range ie (>1023) to your internal host using ipmasqadm
as Gert suggests.

another is to try this H.323 proxy http://www.equival.com/phonepatch/

Good Luck.

Quote:> Hello,
>    I'm trying to run NetMeeting under an IP-Masqued network. Then i can
> stablish outgoing communications, i can chat with my partner but i can't
> hear or see anything... while my partner can hear and see me !

>    So, did somebody know what my i do to made it wor, if it is possible ?

> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Zorro_X

NetMeeting 3 under an ip-masqued network

Post by symp » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

try this site...you'll find information on how to setup your firewall to
allow netmeeting to work through linux gateway
http://plug.skylab.org/199907/msg00239.html
hope this will help !

> Hello,
>    I'm trying to run NetMeeting under an IP-Masqued network. Then i can
> stablish outgoing communications, i can chat with my partner but i can't
> hear or see anything... while my partner can hear and see me !

>    So, did somebody know what my i do to made it wor, if it is possible ?

> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Zorro_X

1. Linux Masqued Box and Static IP's

With my old ISP I had 1 static IP address, configured a linux box with
two nic's, kernel, etc., etc,, and had it running great for all the
machines being masqed behind the routing box.

 I now have a new ISP with an SDSL connection, 16 static IP's, using
an efficient  sdsl router.  I have an 8 port hub that is not 10/100,
but instead only 100base. I can not use the uplink port to join the
sdsl router (10base), with the hub (100base). So, wanting to use the
100base for my server machines connectivity, but not being able to
connect the router to the hub, I figure that I can use the eth1 on the
router box to link up the whole network. It works using the old MASQed
setup as I had it set before with the old ISP, through the
100base-->to the linux box---> sdsl router, and back, using IP
addresses of 192.168.0.x, and uses eth0's IP for the gateway, but, I
want to know if I can assign all the machines running on the 100base,
through the router box, their static IP addresses, and still have all
of this work, and not be MASQed for the servers IP addresses?  I
changed eth1 to be 77.66.107.148, set the mask to the same as eth0,
(255.255.255.240), left the eth0 the same at 77.66.107.149, and then
tried to see the machines with static IP's set on the 100base, but the
servers can't see the linux routing box. Is this scenario possible?
How could I do this to put all the machines except the routing box
connected to the sdsl router, to be on the 100base hub with thier
static IP's?

Here is what my route command shows:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref
UseIface
77.66.107.149     *               255.255.255.240   U     0      0  0
eth0
77.66.107.148     *               255.255.255.240   U     0      0  0
eth1
127.0.0.1         *               255.0.0.0         U     0      0  0
local
default         77.66.107.146     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0    0

my rc.local rule looks like this

$iptables -A FORWARD -s 77.66.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
$iptables -A FORWARD -d 77.66.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT

 Any one with some sugestions?

2. to change destination of symbolic links

3. Can you sandwich valid IP networks in between invalid IP networks?

4. sci cluster

5. Using NetMeeting 3.x on IP Masq.

6. Oops 0002

7. MS NetMeeting and IP Masquerading - Help please

8. Where did my /usr/ports directory go?

9. NetMeeting with Linux IP forwarding

10. Linux IP Masq & Netmeeting -- here's why it won't work

11. IP Masq and Netmeeting

12. IP Masquerading and Netmeeting

13. IP Masquarading & Netmeeting -> HELP