Need help wit PCMCIA Modem setup!

Post by Charles Pec » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have a US Robitics PCMCIA modem in my notebook. I'm new at Linux but seem
to have installed it correctly. I've got X windows up and running, the
Network configurator have my PPP interface defined, I've configured my modem
to the "COM2: under MS-DOS".
When I to activate it I get:
/usr/sbin/pppd does not exist or is not executable
ifup-ppp for ppp0 exiting
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
Help!

Post by David Hin » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

: When I to activate it I get:
: /usr/sbin/pppd does not exist or is not executable

That seems fairly self-explanatory: check to see if /usr/sbin/pppd
exists.  If not, you need to install PPP support.

-- Dave Hinds

1. Need help with PCMCIA Modem Setup!

I have a US Robitics PCMCIA modem in my notebook. I'm new at Linux but seem
to have installed it correctly. I've got X windows up and running, the
Network configurator have my PPP interface defined, I've configured my modem
to the "COM2: under MS-DOS".
When I to activate it I get:
/usr/sbin/pppd does not exist or is not executable
ifup-ppp for ppp0 exiting
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
Help!

2. IBM's IDE-Controller not supported?

3. : Cable Modem Wit Router+FireWall Setup

4. User Security

5. Help w/ 3Com pcmcia modem setup

6. PDF, HP, PCL and multiple pages per output page...

7. Help : PCMCIA modem setup

8. More Shuttle fun, ABC - This Week

9. Linksys PCMCIA 28.8 LAN modem setup help

10. Help! setup modem for 3c905 PCMCIA card.

11. PCMCIA modem setup help

12. panasonic PCMCIA cdrom setup help needed.

13. help needed to bring up a pcmcia modem.