1. VPN connection to a CheckPoint Firewall / FW-1
I need to connect to a VPN from Fedora Core 1. The only way at the moment is to use CheckPoint SecureRemote,
because the VPN server is using CheckPoint Firewall / FW-1 ( dont know the version ).
It's a colocation site / data centre.
The alternatives that I have found are:
1) Use CheckPoint's SecureRemote on linux:
Unfortunately, it will only work with RedHat 7.2/7.3 kernels, specifically ( from their documentation ):
RedHat Linux version 7.2 & 7.3, kernel versions 2.4.9-7, 2.4.9-33, 2.4.18-5 and 2.4.18-10
2) Use FreeSWAN. However, FreeSWAN development has stopped.
CheckPoint has a document on how to connect from FreeSWAN:
Unfortunately, it is quite old ( was still referring to RH 6.2 ) and it looks like that you need a fixed IP on the client side.
3) Use CheckPoint's SecureRemote on linux on a RH 7.x guest OS using user-mode-linux with Fedora as the host OS.
Unfortunately, binary only modules will not work with user-mode-linux kernels.
4) Use CheckPoint's SecureRemote on linux on a RH 7.x guest OS using plex86 with Fedora as the host OS.
However, there has been no activitity on plex86
5) Use CheckPoint's SecureRemote on winnt4/win2k guest OS using bochs with Fedora as the host OS.
However, was told that this will be too slow for everyday use.
6) Use CheckPoint's SecureRemote on linux on a RH 7.x guest OS using bochs with Fedora as the host OS.
Have not tried yet
7) Use VMWare to run RH 7.2 guest OS on a Fedora host OS.
However, although it may work, it is an unsupported configuration since they will not support Fedora as the host OS.
2. Q: aha247x: target 2 underflow?
3. How do you connect a Slackware box to a Checkpoint FW/VPN using DHCP cable modem?
4. SCSI driver for Internal SCSI device Compaq Prosignia
5. checkpoint fw-1 usable scripts available !
6. Programmable completion in Bash?
7. FW-1 vs Checkpoint opinions wanted
8. How do you tell the advocates apart ?
9. Checkpoint FW-1, Solaris Routing, and Two ISPs
10. Linux and Checkpoint FW-1
11. commercial firewall advice (checkpoint FW-1 under Linux?)
12. CHeckpoint FW-1 Trial version
13. telnetd on FW-1 checkpoint