Linux & Win98 / Win95

Post by autodat » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

This may be a dumb question ... but if I enable encrypted passwords in
Linux, how can I get both my Win98 and Win95 machines to log into the
network?

I'm running RH 5.2 with SAMBA 2.0

Gerald Jensen

Linux & Win98 / Win95

Post by Ron van Middendor » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

http://www.ualberta.ca/CNS/SAMBA/SambaandWindows95PasswordHandling.html

Quote:>This may be a dumb question ... but if I enable encrypted passwords in
>Linux, how can I get both my Win98 and Win95 machines to log into the
>network?

>I'm running RH 5.2 with SAMBA 2.0

>Gerald Jensen

1. Linux PPP server for Win95 & Win98

I have a Linux system that I use as a server to the Internet.
My problem is that Win95 users can dial in and logon but
Win98 users can not. Log reports; PAP Login Failure for
All Win98 users.

I am running Slackware with MGETTY v1.0.0. setup with
AutoPPP.
Does anyone know what changed between Win95 & Win98
That would cause this? And what I can do to fix it?

If you choose to respond via email, remove the word
NOSPAM from my address.

Thanks,

Dan

2. serial console

3. win98, win95 &linux

4. XFree 4.2.0 & Matrox G400

5. Linux & Win98 : problem with win98 on the linux HD

6. Qe:scientific analysis with linux?

7. SOLUTION: Linux & Win98 ping each other (PnP issues on Win98)

8. exporting FileSystem...

9. Newbie Dual boot Linux & Win98, forgot to include Win98

10. Samba with win95 & win98

11. LILO & win95 & dos & Linux

12. Linux & Win95 = Frozen Win95

13. Linux router supporting Win95&98 workstations - Win95 cannot find other LAN hosts