kernel panic with multiple PPP connection

kernel panic with multiple PPP connection

Post by Simon W » Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:11:02

Hello,

I am using Redhat 7.2 and 8.0. Both PC is running multiple PPP connections
via wireless mobile modems. Both PC would often frozen and the console
display shows "kernel panic". The PPP connection is via USB ports.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,

Simon

kernel panic with multiple PPP connection

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Joerg Morbitze » Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:33:58

> Hello,

> I am using Redhat 7.2 and 8.0. Both PC is running multiple PPP connections
> via wireless mobile modems. Both PC would often frozen and the console
> display shows "kernel panic". The PPP connection is via USB ports.

> Is there any solution to this?

> Thanks,

> Simon

What kernel version are you using? What ppp version are you using? What does
the kernel panic say? More information would be helpful ...

1. RH5.1 PPP connection: PPP connection persists, telnet session times out

Ever since I installed RH 5.1 when I connect to an NT Server modem
port and authenticate with PAP/CHAP the physical line connection stays
up as before (5.0) but any telnet session to Unix machines on the same
network time out on inactivity in predictably 2 minutes and 10
seconds.  Since I had no such problems prior to 5.1 I'm wondering why
this is a different animal.  Also it does not help to ping the same
server on a 10 second interval -- the ping keeps on going but again
any telnet session times out.

Would be glad to supply any additional info.  I realize that this is
pretty sketchy but I'm not sure what sort of info would assist.

Thanks,
Kurt Berg

2. Help ... Can't get Philips CM206 to work

3. Multiple connections over PPP

4. Mach64 difficulties

5. iptables + multiple ppp connections - help!

6. kdenetwork package

7. Multiple dialin connections using PPP

8. HTML Editor?

9. Multiple, simultaneous PPP connections

10. Multiple PPP connections

11. Multiple domains on single ppp Connection

12. Multiple PPP connections, (or what happened to ppp0?)

13. multiple PPP connections?